Why choose Celebrity cruises?
So why choose Celebrity Cruises? We used to use another popular line but are now convinced that Celebrity is the best choice. I will tell you why we changed below.
Essentially, you are boarding a floating hotel, having to unpack only once, not having to worry about a thing until you reach the end of your voyage, as your hotel floats from one interesting place to another.
You literally do not have to lift a finger, as your room steward will keep your room nice and neat.
Keep reading to see why, we now always, choose Celebrity cruises.
Why choose Celebrity cruises?...The dining experience
One of the real attractions to cruising is the outstanding food and varying cuisines that you are offered.
Since it is all included in your cruise price you can have anything on the menu, or anything from the buffets, all at no extra charge... I am referring to the public restaurants and buffets... For an extra charge you can try various really gourmet restaurants but trust me the food is excellent in the main dining room, especially at dinnertime.
Would you order escargot, or lobster bisque, if you've never had it before at a restaurant? The answer is probably no since these are both very expensive items, and will probably cost you somewhere between $10 and $20... On a cruise ship you can sample whatever food you like... if you like it fine, if you don't... send it back and they will be glad to bring you something else... No questions asked, really.
A comparison of the pros and cons of both Princess and Celebrity cruise lines and why we choose Celebrity cruises
Since I previously have gone on record as recommending Princess I would like to give you a list of the pros and cons of each company
- Price... A slight edge to Princess, especially if you are in the military as they allow you to combine the cruise credits for military service and owning 100 shares of the parent company stock... On a transatlantic cruise over 14 days, you are offered $250 onboard credit for each of these categories by Princess only one by Celebrity...PS I bought RCL, Celebrity's parent at $52 it is now $124...thank you very much, investors like RCL as well as we do...if you cruise at all, find a stock that gives you a better dividend, with the onboard credits
- Ship quality...Celebrity hands down, from soaring interior atriums to over all maintenance of the ship Celebrity would be a 10 and Princess a 4
- Room size... Since we always take the cheapest accommodation, an interior cabin, Celebrity really shines, because they have about 30% more space and it really makes a difference... A couch to spread out on versus having to do everything from your bed on Princess
- Quality of food... Again in my humble opinion, Celebrity has much better food... I especially recommend listening to your waiters recommendation, they have tasted every appetizer soup, salad, and entrée and if you follow their recommendations you will not be displeased...if you are, they will bring you something else
- Prices on shore excursions... On most cruises, Julie and I do our own thing and make our own arrangements, sometimes when the port is so far from the attractions you take a look at shore excursions... While on Celebrity we purchased a shore excursion in Sicily that took us to a beautiful city about an hour away from the ship, had a short guided tour and returned for $45 person... Princess would charge you probably twice that for a similar tour... And forget airport transfers from either company, they are expensive
- Entertainment... We do not go to every evening performance, however on Celebrity cruises their production shows are the best I've ever seen... Acrobatic performers that swing out over the audience provides a truly unforgettable entertainment experience...string music before dinner is also very nice and elegant
- Crew demeanor... It doesn't take you long once you're aboard the ship to determine whether or not it is a happy crew... We have found the cruise staff on Celebrity to stand out in their general happy outlook and willingness to help in order to make your vacation experience as pleasant as possible... Such a noticeable difference has to come from the top... and it is very obvious that Celebrity crews are happy
- Less emphasis on formal nights...Celebrity has recently changed the evening dress code from formal to elegant chic... In English, this means if you don't want to wear a tie or an evening dress it is not necessary... Does this help when you're packing, you bet it does... I still wear a sport coat to dinner, most don't, it is your choice...it is your vacation right?
Why choose Celebrity cruises...Conclusion
Why choose Celebrity cruises?... It is simply a better experience and value for your cruising dollar.
For friendly professional service...available 24 hours a day... I book all my cruises through Paula Lhotsky
...she can match any discount cruise price websites, with unmatched personal service. You cannot get better pricing by going direct, so I use Paula to book all my cruises.
You can reach Paula at 702-478-7480.